Pages

Thursday, March 31, 2011

Update...

It's been a while since I've posted anything here.  Seems I can't keep up with anything anymore.  Wellllll, if I stayed off of Facebook every once in a while, I might could get something done.

Yeah...like that will ever happen.  I am one of those freakish FB addicts.  Oh, well...c'est la vie...suppose there are worse things to be addicted to, true?

Isn't there?  Please, tell me there is. :P

So, where am I?  I just know there are sooooo many of you dying to know what's the what with me, so here goes...

The past couple of weeks have mostly sucked donkey balls (thank you, Aleks!).  But, only mostly.  While I have had some real problems,  health-wise, which I won't whine about publicly anymore...that's just so...unattractive and unappealing to me.  No more pity parties, please.  Those problems have left me with an over-abundance of...time.  Just lazing about time;  nothing to do time.   I have spent that time writing, and writing a lot, amazingly enough, but just not getting anywhere very fast.  I am currently working on three different things simultaneously, so it seems I am moving in slow motion.

Since this bout of health issues, at the same exact moment that I get my very first contract for publication, I feel like I need to hurry.  As if the other shoe is going to drop at any moment and I want more...more of this elation that getting published has given me...more of the pride and awesome support I am getting from so many talented people.

Do you know what it feels like to have your idol...your all time favorite author tell you that they ate your story up...that they want to see more???

It's like nothing I can describe.

Huh!  Some writer I am.

But, it does something to me...for the first time I have this feeling I have never had before in my life...I don't even know what the word for it is...but that someone so very important to me, has faith and belief in me????

I am so very humbled.

So, for him, to make him proud and prove he wasn't wrong to believe in me...and for myself,  because for the first time, I believe in myself...I am going to keep working as long as I possibly can.

Thank you for believing in me...I couldn't love you more if I tried.

No comments: